RE: [TR] TR6 new Solenoid problem -

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 new Solenoid problem -
From: "StevesTR6" <stevestr6@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:24:49 -0700
Hi Jim-
  When this happened to mine, it was from worn contacts in the ignition
switch. As soon as I let go of the key, it would snap back from the spring
force and that would break contact in the ignition and the engine would
stop.

I recall being able to get around this by not letting go of the key but by
slowly and gently moving it to the 'run' position. This was the test that
told me what was going on and so perhaps this is a test for you to try too.

A new ignition switch assembly solved the problem in my case.

Good luck and sorry about your hair. Tore mine out a while ago too.

-Steve
'74 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org