[TR] TR4A Steering wheel nut and new hub intall problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4A Steering wheel nut and new hub intall problem
From: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:36:21 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Folks, Can anyone tell me the thread size for the steering wheel nut on the
4A....the closest I found was a standard 9/16 fine thread...which I beleive is
9/16 -16 or 18...but this did not work and the thread appeared to be finer.

Went  to install a LeCarra steering wheel hub and Mota Lita wheel I purchased
from Moss or TRF some time ago, The stock wheel nut hits the plastic body of
the horn push on the LeCarra hub, so I thought a "narrower" standard size nut
might give me the clearance...Has anyone had this problem intalling an
aftermarket wheel hub??

Thanks

Mike Godley
65 TR4A