RE: [TR] TR6 wiring harness question

To: "'jim hearn'" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 wiring harness question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:30:14 -0700
> Could anyone please explain to me what exactly are the connections and
> the function of the white plug incorporating 10 or 12 plug connection
> that is located behind the dash on the passenger side of a left hand
> drive vehicle?

Jim, it always helps if you tell us what year your car is.  You mentioned a
74 TR6 in an earlier post, so I'll assume that's what you're asking about.

Looking at Dan's schematic (copy attached), it appears that has to be the
connector to the seat belt interlock module.  It activates the warning light
on the dash, and disables the starter motor if you or your passenger is not
wearing a seat belt.  Since your car starts without it, someone has
obviously wired around the "starter disable" feature (by connecting the
white/red wire to the white/orange wire).

Since I doubt even a concours judge would notice the warning lamp not
working, I'd suggest just leaving it disconnected.  It shouldn't have
anything to do with your taillight issue.

The tail, marker and dash lights are all protected by the same fuse.  If
none of them work, I'd start at that fuse.  The fuse gets it's power from
the headlight switch, so if there is no juice at all at the fuse, the switch
or wire might be bad.

One word of caution, I have seen several fuses that appear to be good, but
don't pass current.  Check for voltage at the terminals on both sides of the
fuse block.

Randall

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of
TR6 74 wiring diagram from Dan Masters.pdf]

===     http://www.vtr.org