Re: [TR] Back for a visit

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Back for a visit
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:13:02 -0700
>  And the older
> and more mortal one feels the more urgent it becomes to start more and
> more stuff on the "To do before I die" list.  And my list is getting
> longer every day.

I'm getting just the opposite.  There have been 3 people die around me
(none I knew closer than aquantience) during the last couple years.
I've watched their treasures treated like so much excess crap to be
disposed of and collections scattered to the wind, some even to the
dumpster.  I've seen people scam the good things that the deceased
expected to go elsewhere and have decided that estate dissolution is not
a pretty sight.

I'm questioning the value of collecting things and of owning things I
don't use and enjoy a lot.  Each item we have owns a piece of our time
to care for it.  What is the good of maintaining something that will be
tossed to the winds after our deaths if it is not something we use and
enjoy today?

So if anything, I'm cutting down on having possessions for the sake of
having them.  I guess my 'do before I die list' is focusing less on
owning items or vague future projects and focusing more on going places
and doing things.  Gonna do one of these years type projects have
largely fallen away along with lots of items that might come in handy
one of these days.

Watching what happens to things after death changes ones perspectives.

TeriAnn

===     http://www.vtr.org