RE: [TR] Theft Prevention

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Theft Prevention
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:26:04 -0400
> Although not the most convenient, at the times where you are that
> concerned about theft, remove the rotor.  The only people you have to be
> concerned about then are the LBC owners who are likely to have one.

My personal favorite is the hidden electric fuel pump switch.  There's just
enough fuel in the bowl so that anyone who hotwires the car gets to drive it
...a hundred and fifty feet.  When it stalls, the thief pretty much has to
flee, because he's caught now in the middle of a lane, not working hidden in
a secluded parking spot.

...And the vision of his surprise!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A TS 58667
New Hampshire