Re: [TR] Theft Prevention

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Theft Prevention
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:45:14 -0700
>> My personal favorite is the hidden electric fuel pump switch.
>
> Or, for those wanting to keep the original mechanical pump, you could add
> solenoid valve in a hidden spot.
>
> I've always thought it would be cool to wire a relay into the horn
> circuit, such
> that you have to tap the horn button to get the fuel valve turned on.  No
> thief
> is going to tap the horn button, and that eliminates having to add a
> hidden
> switch (not to mention reaching for it every time you start the car).  Any
> serious thief is going to watch you park the car ...
>
> Randall

What happens if you tap the horn while driving? Does the fuel shut off?  I
was also thinking along these lines, though - a solenoid valve hooked up to
a remote control like for electric door locks. Wouldn't matter much if the
theif saw you set it since you take the "key" with you.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org