Re: [TR] Overdrive leak.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Overdrive leak.
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 18:30:57 +0100
Thanks again to the kind souls who have replied to my listing.
About ten years and maybe 15000 miles ago I was driving   through France and
the overdrive ceased to work. Found the gearbox oil low so topped it up and
o/d worked again. Took the car to a little French village garage where the
mechanic fixed the leak (from the same place as it is now) in 4 hours and
that included his lunch. And mine.
I'd love to know what he did. I can't think it could have been anything in
the time except undoing the clamp for the lever and the nuts and set screws,
letting the spring push the cover away and putting sealant on  it.
Could that have been done?

David Brister
1967 TR4A slowly dribbling Hypoy 80/90

===     http://www.vtr.org