Re: [TR] firewall rubber grommet

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] firewall rubber grommet
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 08:36:06 -0500
On Saturday 25 November 2006 08:11 pm, R. Ashford Little II wrote:
> I am replacing some old rubber grommets in the firewall.  The old ones are
> very deteriorated so I can't tell which way the new ones are installed.
> One side is concave and the other convex.  Which side faces rearward?
>

> R. Ashford Little II
>
> '70 TR6, 73.5 911

Ashford,

Bud is correct, convex faces the forward so you can see it in the engine
firewall side.

As far as the installation, I just start at one edge and work my way around.
Sometimes you can just push the center if you are carefull. Also helpfull is
to work from the engine side and have a helping hand on the inside to prevent
the grommet from falling through the hole.

As far as size goes they should fit quite tight. Somewhere there is a guide
printed. Maybe it is in the archives.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org