Re: [TR] Question

To: <jimbpps@cox.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Question
From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <jerryvv@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 10:45:59 -0500
Jim, On my TR4A there remains evidence of a similar pad closely positioned
where the Thermostat Housing might contact the underside of the hood serving
as a buffer between the Housing and the hood. Same size as you describe. I
don't know the relative position of a 250 six cylinder engine to a 4A 4
cylinder engine as it relates to the Thermostat Housing however. What is
interesting is that there is a lot of clearance at that location as
evidenced by some racers placing a water bleed valve on top of the 4
cylinder engines Housing allowing all of the air to be bled from the cooling
system where replacement radiators are installed and the fill necks are
positioned too low to get the system full. In the end I don't think the
buffer actually is needed.
JVV