[TR] Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Question
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 10:47:59 -0800 (PST)
Hi List & Jim!
I'm on the Digest List, so more people may have
answered this besides Jerry V. As far as I know, this
round pad was placed just avobe the Temp. Housing as
Jerry has mentioned. I have never heard of anything
being placed above the Valve Cover, but this may only
be the TR250, NOT the TR4 or TR4A. I can't get to my
TRA Judging book about the TR4 or TR4A, But maybe
someone else may or might have chimmed in. Lou M.
would be a good person to ask.[Being that he's in
charge of distrubiting these books.]

In any case, I have a suggestion of how to find the
exact spot under the bonnet without haveing someone
inside the engine bay with the engine in & the bonnet
closed. :>)

Take a styerfoam cup & place it UPSIDE DOWN [open part
touching the engine] on the engine were you want the
pad to go. Then place some 'Blue Chalk' [used in
construction to mark lines with a string] on top of
the cup. Then close the bonnet, which will crush the
cup & also mark the spot. Open up the bonnet & place
pad on that spot!

BTW-The pad above the Temp. Housing was very rarly
done. So you may want to check the book to see if
there is a range of com.# that this was done to, if
you're doing it for concor.

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org