[TR] Need method for welding floorpans

To: dave <dave1massey@cs.com>, list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Need method for welding floorpans
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 20:36:22 -0500
Dave,
How about securing the floorpan with 4-6 good size bolts, then using
structural adhesives/seam sealer for the remaining joinage?  This would
aliviate need for welding the floorpan which everyone seems to detest for some
reason.  I guess the welding is more prone to rust, right?

I've already PowderCoated my floorpans and sills, which, for some reason,
others think is a bad idea.  Could you enlighten me please?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey

===     http://www.vtr.org