RE: [TR] TR lifters

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR lifters
From: "Terry R Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 19:46:27 -0500
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
> > Randall, you hit that one right on the head. The lifter/cam destruction
> > issue has been going on for years.
>
> At least a decade if you count soft metal lifters sold for Triumphs and
> don't restrict it to just oil.

There is one rather simplistic solution even knowledgeable people overlook
when it comes to catastrophic LBC engine failure.  I have found, through
personal study and hard perseverence, that if one drives very, very fast
indeed, engine problems are in one's exhaust before they can reach critical
mass.

This works for raindrops too.

So, put it all behind you.

(Er, are there policemen on this list? ...At least, policemen who live in
the Northeast???)

Name withheld to protect the guilty.

'59 TR3A TS 58667
New Hampshire