A Good PDF Creator (was: [TR] Calendar)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A Good PDF Creator (was: [TR] Calendar)
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 11:31:54 -0500
On Saturday 20 January 2007 07:31:22 Mike Kitchener wrote:

> I no longer have access to the full version of Adobe PDF,
> and had to rely on a free "print to PDF" program to generate the final
> PDF file.  I tried several, and they all produced unacceptable results
> on several of the pictures.

You and others on the list might want to try the OpenOffice.Org office suite
available at http://www.openoffice.org . It is free of charge and you can
share copies with everybody. It is essentially a fully compatible MS Office
replacement (a few esoteric functions don't work) and It produces very nice
PDF files from anything you create in it, including calendars. There is also
a plug-in for importing WordPerfect files if you have some of those around.
As well, it can also use the OpenDocument Format, the current ISO standard
for word document files.

For the price, it's worth a look.
--
Hoyt