[TR] Aerosol cans

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Aerosol cans
From: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 20:02:30 -0500
When I was a kid growing up in a rural area, our neighbours were the garbage
collectors and they deposited the garbage at the back of their farm in a big
dump. It would get too big and they would burn it down occasionally, which
provided great entertainment. We (I and their 11 kids) used to save out all
the aerosol cans, and throw them into the hottest part of the fire to watch
them explode - quite spectacular! However we soon discovered that the
agitator balls were in fact attractive glass marbles, and we wanted those.
So we would put a can on the ground, with one foot on either end, and swing
an axe down to split the can between our feet and thus retrieve the marble.
I recall trying to convince my mother that it was safe, since there was no
pressure in the cans anymore...
So that's another way to get the leftover paint out.....wait a minute, now
that I'm an adult (sortg of) I can't recommend such behaviour can I? It
would probably make too much of a mess anyway.
Jim (who still has most of his toes) Wallace

===     http://www.vtr.org