[TR] second thoughts...years later!

To: "list Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] second thoughts...years later!
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 23:29:21 -0400
Eh Oh!  Even though my TR3 has been off the homemade rotisserie for several
years, I am still working on it and never have a Triumph!  However, something
about the rotisserie experience just hit me!
    I believe i 'rotisserized' the chassis before doing this to the body.
When doing the chassis, I read where it was important to first put the single
pipe in place in the front of the engine cavity to hold the sides apart even
though the engine was not installed.  I did this.

However, when rotisserizing the tub, I don't think I installed the tie member
(over the radiator).  Is this necesary... essential?  If it should have  been
done, then where should I possibly inspect to see if stress has caused
any...well uh,...'stress'.?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3