Re: [TR] second thoughts...years later!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] second thoughts...years later!
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:19:50 EDT
In a message dated 10/14/2007 10:29:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:
> However, when rotisserizing the tub, I don't think I installed the tie
> member
> (over the radiator).  Is this necesary... essential?  If it should have
> been
> done, then where should I possibly inspect to see if stress has caused
> any...well uh,...'stress'.?

Probably not an issue.  I am assuming, of course, that when you rotisserized
the tub there was no weight on the suspension.  When sitting on the wheels the
weight of the car can cause the shock towers to move and the bar will anchor
the two towers together canceling out the tendency to bend in towards each
other.  On the rotisserie the weight is carried at the rotisserie mounts, not
the
suspension so it is likely that the towers did not move.

Dave