Re: [TR] R/H front upper control arm, needed

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] R/H front upper control arm, needed
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:37:05 -0700
> I have nothing against used parts, I just don't want the
> vertical links to suddenly become horizontal links while I'm
> driving.  I hate it when that happens.

FWIW, my upper arms have been reinforced by "boxing" or welding a plate
across the open underside.  Not sure how effective it is, but they've been
on there for a whole lot of hard miles and no signs of cracks.

Someone, don't remember who, used to offer re-engineered upper arms with
heim joints and adjustments for camber & caster.  You might call Ted S. or
Ken G. (why do gurus always have unwieldy last names ?) and see if they know
anything about them.

Randall