Re: [TR] R/H front upper control arm, needed

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] R/H front upper control arm, needed
From: "Steve Ball" <banjonut@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 05:38:46 -0700
Thanks Dave,

No, it doesn't need to be new, although that is my first preference after
seeing some scary looking cracks in the parts I removed.  There are plenty of
salvaged parts on this car, so that's not a problem in general for me.  In
this case, about an hour after my first post about the cracked arm, I cleaned
the other R/H arm and found a similar crack.  The L/H suspension had not been
disassembled yet but I'm thinking that since I only want to do this job once,
I'd better be ready to replace those too....maybe just for GP's, since
everything on the car is the same vintage, and safety is a big concern with
the suspension.  The first arm had been repaired by a prior owner, and cracked
again right at the repair....not a good thing.

I suspected problems with this car so I'm rebuilding it before driving it...a
decision I'm happy about now.

I have nothing against used parts, I just don't want the vertical links to
suddenly become horizontal links while I'm driving.  I hate it when that
happens.

Steve

Message: 13