Re: [TR] Horn Works on its own

To: Bob Danielson <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Horn Works on its own
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:29:23 -0600
--===============1706139122==

Bob Danielson wrote:
> Today I'm at a stop sign and as I start to turn left I hear a horn blaring
> at me so I stop and look around and it's still blasting away..............uh
> oh............it's my car's horn going off.

It seems to me that when my horn stopped working on my Heralds and
TR250, the contact between the steering column ring to horn button push
was carbon brushes in between a spring inside a plastic tube, no
lubrication required, and the carbon brushes had simply worn out or the
slip ring was gunked up.  No copper to copper or brass to brass contacts.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)