[TR] TR3 Tachometer Cable Length

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 Tachometer Cable Length
From: William Brewer <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:14:58 -0700
      I am fitting a new MOSS tachometer cable in the TR3. How far
into the tachometer drive below the distributer should the cable go?
Mine only goes about 1/4 inch. I am thinking that it should go
farther in and perhaps I have a broken piece stuck in mine. Can
someone tell me how far it goes in? ISTR last time I did this I ended
up shortening the  cable with a hack saw.
     If I do have a broken cable, is there a way to push it out from
behind?
      TIA,

      Bill Brewer
      Tehachapi, CA