Re: [TR] removal of fan extension and benevolent commercial message

To: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] removal of fan extension and benevolent commercial message
From: 60TR3A <60TR3A@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:42:56 -0700
> I have always use my air impact wrench with about 120 #/sq in on
> full torque.
>
> Bolt always comes right off.

Mine was so worn that until Joe Alexander said it was a hex-head I
thought it was round.  When I went back & looked I finally noticed a
lit bit of flats.  :-)

> Both the 3 and 4 have the later 4 std fan. No overheating even this
> year with
> a hotter than normal summer. Std original radiators, std water
> pump. 50 / 50
> mix distiled water and anti-freeze and 165 thermostat (TRF).
>
> The 3 actually runs a bit cooler than the 4 eventhough it has the
> radiator
> with the starter hole.
>
> Both engines have 87mm + H6 SU's.
>
> I have always wondered why the need to convert to electric fans.

I live in Phoenix where the summers are 115F almost every day & at
sunrise it is still 90F.  I put an electric fan on as to help out
when I am stuck in traffic in the summer!  I am taking the engine fan
off to make it easier to change pulley belts with out having to pull
the front end off.  :-)
> I guess there
> will be a small HP gain, maybe better overall cooling but for me
> since I only
> put about 1 grand one each car a year I cant justify the extra
> work, $ etc.
>
> Although I only drive about 3 miles to work each day, I cannot and
> will not
> drive either 3 or the 4 to work. About a month ago, my junior
> employee had
> her 350z dented in the parking lot by a F150. Driven by a 18 year
> old goof
> that really cant park very well.
I am 7 miles from work & enjoy driving the TR in our winter!  We have
a very big parking lot & because I show up at 0530 (I work with some
colleagues in Czech) I park in the wider parking slots that used to
be reserved for the management.

> So I drive either the bike (also a Triumph) or the POS vue to work.
> The 3 and
> 4 are for car hops, sunday drives  on back roads and the ocasional
> wedding
> etc. I still have 2 daughters to go!

Beautiful daughter & car!

John