Re: [TR] Push or pull

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Push or pull
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:41:37 +0200
>Randall writes
>However, oddly enough, some fan makers do say to turn the blades around
>when
configuring as a pusher

 The most sophisticated fans around are probably the propellors used in
modern propjet aeroplanes with varying aerofoil section along the blade. I
don't think the designers would be very impressed if if an engine maker
suggested they get reverse thrust by altering the direction of rotation,
although they probably would reverse the airflow direction a bit. (The
airscrews, not the designers.)

2 eurocents worth,

David Brister.

--
It has removed 5673 spam emails to date.