Re: [TR] Push or pull

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Push or pull
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:01:26 EDT
In a message dated 10/24/2007 3:23:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
cbfoch@charter.net writes:
> No one has mentioned a thermostatic fan clutch, which would offer some
> of the horsepower-savings of an electric fan without the wiring and
> fabrication hassles. Does anyone have experience with one on a Triumph?

I was going to mention that but my post was overly long even without it.

The TR7's had this device and they have been known to fail causing a horrible
noise like the engine was coming apart.

But they were very common on domestic products and still used on some trucks.

Another option is the flex fan.  This is a fan with flexible blades that will
fold towards flat as the speed and fan loading increases.  These are about as
noisy as fixed fans.

Dave