[TR] TR3A eater valve question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3A eater valve question
From: "Andy" <Andy.dixon@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:15:24 -0400
Not only am I curious, I am cheap.

I disassembled the heater valve today and now I have a question. Inside the
valve is, for want of a better description, a free-floating brass button
that is obviously pushed down by the rod connected to the metal knob on top
when closed, and appears to be pushed up by water pressure when open. Should
this be firmly connected to the rod or is it supposed to be free floating?

TIA

Andy

8:50 AM