Re: [TR] TR4 Fuel injection: Thoughts and Dreams

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Fuel injection: Thoughts and Dreams
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:34:22 -0500
Hello William,

Rick Patton here from sidedrafttbi.com and long time List member. My
interest in fuel injection started as a hobby and has slowly become somewhat
financial. Note- I didn't say profitable.

William, thanks for taking time to dream about fuel injection options.
You've mentioned that those who have made the leap to throttle body fuel
injection on the TR6 are pleased with the results. Of course now I know that
credit must be given to those ECM's made right in your department.

TBI is a perfect fit for those side draft carbs like the SU's and Zenith's
as they can be converted without modifying the carb allowing it to be
returned to original condition. We offer kits for the 6 cylinder dual carbed
engines and will be working on the 4 cylinder dual carbed version over the
winter. My new supplier, Affordable Fuel Injection, is confident that they
can solve the fueling riddle. In fact I'm ready to produce the machined
conversion parts so the only real issue is to provide controls for even
fueling.

If there is someone in the Michigan area with a dual carbed 4 cyl car ready
to convert, maybe we can do the first 4 cyl conversion in AFI's shop? As
much as I'd like it to be a TR3 or 4, market sense says it ought to be
(gulp) an MGB. Surely not what the good folks here of the Triumph List
wanted to hear but there are zillions of B's out there. Have patience, the
same basic principles apply to the Triumphs, once one 4 cylinder is done all
the others will pretty much fall into place.

Thanks for listening,

Rick Patton
75 TR6sci
http://sidedrafttbi.com/