[TR] Nexen tires

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Nexen tires
From: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 00:19:16 -0500
I have Nexen tires on my VW camper. It takes a hard to find tire - although
Hankook makes one for that application, they aren't sold here in Canada.
They were a competitive price, and on installation, the ride was noticeably
improved, albeit it was from very bad.
They did take a lot of weights to balance, and I subsequently saw a comment
posted on the VW type 2 bulletin board that someone else had put some on
their pickup truck and they wore out in 7000 miles.
However, it will be many years before I go that far in that vehicle so it
doesn't worry me. Also, I have to believe it was an extreme case.
I do believe I saw where they were NOT part of the Chinese tire recall
thing.
Jim
=======================
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 12:06:02 -0500
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>

Hello,

Just saw this on ebay. Nexen tires 165/15 2 for 96$.
Anyone ever heard of this make?
Seems too good to be true.
Item # 140211793730

Bob