Re: [TR] Nexen Tires

To: "'Triumph Email List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Nexen Tires
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 09:34:40 -0800
> Just saw this on ebay. Nexen tires 165/15 2 for 96$.
>
> Anyone ever heard of this make?

I hadn't, but some quick Googling turns up the reason why.  They started as
a small Korean tire maker and only recently expanded; building a plant in
China to sell tires on the global market.
Eg,
http://tinyurl.com/ynuzyu

Might be fine, but with the recent Chinese tire recall (along with all the
other dangerously defective products from China that have made the news
recently), I think I'll let someone else try them first.

And from what I've heard, although they are in short supply, orders for the
Kumho 165/15 tires (at $78 a pair) are being filled.  Kumho is building a
new plant in the US, which should be online by next year, hopefully ending
the shortage.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net