Re: [TR] Rear Wheel Axles and Front Grease Caps

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, <spit6@kning.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Rear Wheel Axles and Front Grease Caps
From: "Rick & Cecilia" <rickandcecilia@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 08:16:20 -0500
I have found that if you drill a small hole right in the center of the cap
and then take a metal screw and put it through the hole, it will go in and
hit the center of the stub axle and force the cap off.  Sort of like a gear
puller.  Works everytime and you can leave the small hole in the cap for
next time.  Just make sure that the hole is ssmaller than the screw so it
has something to bite against.