Re: [TR] Aftermarket Moss Gas Tank TR3

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Aftermarket Moss Gas Tank TR3
From: Michael Lang <mlang99@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:00:29 -0700
Where do most of you find that your fuel tank rusts at, inside or outside?

I just got done cutting the bottom 2" off of my 57 TR3 tank. The outside
of the bottom was badly pitted from sitting on the damp felt mounting
cushion. The inside looked really good!  A little surface rust in spots,
but it was mostly all bright metal (except for where the outside pits
made it through to the inside).

I bent up a U shaped replacement panel for the bottom of the tank and am
in the process of welding it back in place. It seemed like a shame to
throw out a tank that looked so good inside. I plan to epoxy seal the
tank once it is done in case there are any pin holes in my welds.

Mike

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net