Re: [TR] Rover - back to Triumphs

To: <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Rover - back to Triumphs
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:42:29 -0000
Glenn Merrell wrote:
>  It
> appears they may have been Badge Engineered "for" one or two Vanguard
> models to carry a Vanguard badge?

Eee, ecky thump! I've always referred to my 2.5PI as a Vanguard - because it
is. No question! The
largest and most powerful saloon car made by The Standard Motor Company in 1970
- and with a
commission plate that says Standard Motor Company,. There's nowt about Triumph
on my Vanguard, 'cept
a few 'cloned' badges on the bodywork and a plagiarised handbook in the
glovebox according it the
name of a Coventry car firm that went bust before WW2. Gotta be a Vanguard -
ain't nowt else that
large made at the Standard aftert war :)

Jonmac

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net