Re: [TR] TR6 rocker assembly oiling

To: Don Spence <dkspence@telus.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 rocker assembly oiling
From: fogbro1@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:24:44 +0000
Don and All,

Well, I installed the external oiler with no improvement. Then I removed the
rocker assembly and cranked the engine. Plenty of oil coming up through the
hole in the head, the oil feed hole located beneath the rear pedestal.

I am currently of the opinion that the oil is getting to the bore of the rocker
shaft, but not to each rocker arm. I have once again (I've lost count)
dismantled the rocker assembly and checked that the holes intended to feed each
arm are clear.

Adjacent to each oil feed hole in the shaft is a small flat along which the oil
is intended to travel to the each rock arm bushing. Each bushing has two oil
holes, one aligned to the hole in the top of the rocker, the other aligned to
the respective pushrod. There is no groove of any kind within the bushing to
direct oil to the two aforementioned bushing exit holes. Oil can just as easily
exit the sides of the bushing.

I have an original TR250 rocker assembly which I'm about to examine to see how
the oil path(s) is on that.

Any thoughts from the List?

This is day three on this problem.

I wonder how many days like this I've spent on TR's since March 1959???

Ed Woods

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net