[TR] Clutch slippage

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Clutch slippage
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 00:18:08 +0000
Ola, all!
First, this issue is not so bad I want to tear out the tranny and replace the
clutch.
But...what's happening is, during "spirited" shifting, at high rev and quick
clutch release, I don't get a hard slam from the clutch, but rather a slow,
drawn out engagement that leaves me stranded for acceleration for about a
second, second-and-a-half.
Might there be an issue with the slave not releasing soon enough?  This was a
new slave 3 years ago.
If it helps, the first clutch I installed during the ground up wouldn't engage
at all, so I had to pull the tranny and swap out for the original clutch and
pressure plate.
Thoughts?
Terry Smith, '59 TR3A (TS 58667)
New Hampshire