Re: [TR] Clutch slippage

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Clutch slippage
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 01:41:51 +0000
> Does the return spring always pull the slave piston home promptly?

Yes, it does.  But how quickly I can't determine under the car, since the
symptom is only noticeable under spirited driving.

> But when you install the PP assembly to the flywheel, the PP should come up
> against the friction plate well before the housing contacts the flywheel.
> This is the part where the book mentions to tighten the bolts diagonally,
> one turn at a time, to avoid distorting the housing.

Yes, this is the way it went during installation.

> BTW, are these all stock TR3 components, including the gearbox?

Yes, they're all stock.  Type A with overdrive.  Engaging OD does not slip,
though I always use the clutch and so then it does.  The slave and MC are all
new from TRF (well, new three years ago).

I'll give the Pedal assembly a look. Then again, I've had enough new parts on
this that didn't last long, it could be the MC or slave.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net