[TR] more explanation oil pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] more explanation oil pump
From: Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:45:31 -0700 (PDT)
There might have been some confusion on which oil pump was pinned and which
wasn't.  The OLD pump I removed was the un-pinned pump.  I not sure if that
was a replacement pump or not.  If not surely the factory didn't install the
knurled type?  not sure.

Anyway the new pump i purchased was from Moss motors
and looks to be very good quality.  It is plainly pinned and included the
pickup screen, bolts ect.  I wasn't sure if i'd get a complete pump or just
the main body.  I'm very happy with it at this point.  (gonna try it out
today)

gary n.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net