[TR] Gas prices - revisited

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Gas prices - revisited
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 22:50:10 -0000
Hey guys, let's try and cool off some of the reasons that gas prices are as
they are :):)
My post earlier today was merely to try to get a feel for current prices across
the US and Canada
with the sole objective of trying to work out how far 'uncle jack' would go on
the donation made by
Rimmers. A useful number have replied off-list for which my thanks - but
frankly, I'm not too
interested in who holds the keys to the oil wells or whether the current crisis
with Ford, GM and
Chrysler is forcing SUV's back on the road.
So to get the matter back on track, I've estimated 'uncle jack' will (maybe)
give me 22mpag with a
gallon costing me US$3.25 and the GBP/US$ rate holding at around US$1.45 =
GBP1.00. On that basis, I
should be able to travel 2450 miles before I run out of gas fund. By then, I
estimate I'll be
somewhere between Camden, Maine and Montreal, Canada - perhaps in no mans land
between the two
frontier posts!

Jonmac
Originator of The Triumph Trans-America Charity Drive 2009
See latest event updates at www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk

An event for full TRIUMPH Enthusiast participation

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net