Re: [TR] NO Graphite for stator tube wiring

To: "'list Triumph'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] NO Graphite for stator tube wiring
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 09:44:51 -0800
> Why can't this be done without graphite or
> any other form of lubrication?

Paul, we all have differing opinions and experiences on the best way to
accomplish various tasks.  I don't think anyone can ever say "This is
absolutely the only possible way to do this" or even with any certainty that
any particular method is the "best" way.

Personally, I've never seen any need for lubricant when pulling the harness
through the stator tube; but then my harness and tube are likely not quite
identical to Andy's.  If his is tighter, some lube might help.

At any rate, a little graphite isn't going to harm anything.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net