Re: [TR] Non TR, headlight left-on alarm?

To: "'list Triumph'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Non TR, headlight left-on alarm?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:47:17 -0800
Paul,

One wire will attach to the light wiring, the other to the ignition wiring.
>From your description, I would guess that the red wire is for the lights,
and the white for ignition.

I don't know much about how your Nissan is wired, but I would guess that the
'main' relay is activated only when the ignition is on.  I would check first
with a test light or voltmeter, to find a point that has power only when the
key is on.

I'm actually planning to add something similar to my Triumph Stag, since my
habit of touching the light switch when leaving the car (to see that the
lights are off) does not work with it's rotary switch.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net