[TR] No More Clunking

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] No More Clunking
From: dmnlaw <dmnlaw@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:00:37 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Just replaced my stock axles and hubs with new units produced by Richard Good.
The stock units that I removed were in good condition including u-joints.
Despite their condition I still had a lot of clunking. With the new units I
have no clunking . . . much to my delight. In the past there has been a lot of
discussion regarding "clunking culprits." My clunking with the stock units was
no doubt coming from the spline joints; a little wear has the potential to
result in a lot of clunking. Just thought I would post this experience for
those trying to cure the clunk problem.

Doug Nelson
74TR6

PeoplePC Online