Re: [TR] Lucas smoke

To: <DLylis@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Lucas smoke
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 19:17:56 -0700
David,

I would suggest forming your own opinion, since you don't trust your
'expert'.  Here's a copy of the Lucas test instructions, which should
quickly lead you to a conclusion.  A digital voltmeter is an adequate
substitute for the "good quality moving coil voltmeter", if you keep in mind
that the DVM (or DMM) may give changing readings where a moving coil
voltmeter would average the fluctuating value.

I agree that a chattering cutout is most likely an indication of a bad
generator; but it could be other things as well (like a bad connection to
the generator).

Randall

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of
Lucas Generator and Control Box tests reduced.pdf]

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net