Re: [TR] vin tags

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] vin tags
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:00:28 -0700
> There are pop rivets and there are pop rivets.  I doubt the
> factory used
> anything terribly exotic here but they probably used what is
> sometimes called
> a closed end rivet.

The factory rivets don't appear to be "pop" rivets at all.  Both sides are
swaged like an old-fashioned rivet.  The ones I've cut apart did have a
steel core and alloy outer section, but the core was straight, no 'ball'
section to deform the outer part, and the ends were flat rather than broken.

http://tinyurl.com/dma5af

That said, I've used pop rivets in the past.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net