Re: [TR] Low Oil Pressure and Engine Noises

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Low Oil Pressure and Engine Noises
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 07:32:08 -0700
> Thanks Mark. I plan to work on the engine this weekend. I'll
> start with the
> rocker shaft first, then the bottom end.

Just my opinion, John, but I wouldn't bother with the rocker shaft.  Unless
your engine has been modified, the oil to the shaft is metered to
essentially no pressure anyway so I don't believe it could cause the kind of
drop you are seeing.  I'd drop the pan first.

The good news is that on a TR4A, you can R&R the rod bearings, main bearings
and oil pump without removing the engine from the car.  That probably isn't
all it needs, but should be enough to get you to TRfest & back.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net