Re: [TR] Low Oil Pressure and Engine Noises

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Low Oil Pressure and Engine Noises
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 17:00:30 -0400
At 09:33 AM 9/2/2009, John & Pat Donnelly wrote:
>The engine has plenty of pep, and is as fast as I've ever had it in 40
>years.

A sign of a well-broken in engine.

>The engine went through a total rebuild 8 years ago and has about 40K
>miles on it.

About time for the thrust washers to fall out...which would make some
bad noises, and could affect oil pressure.  One way orthe other, I
bet you'll fin the answer after you drop the oil pan.

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Corrosion Acres, Georgia         #354

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net