Re: [TR] question about renovating leather seats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] question about renovating leather seats
From: Andrew Mace <zoboherald@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:52:15 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave1massey@cs.com

Go to the experts.  Look for a tack shop or saddle maker and consult with
them.  In a pinch a local Farm and Fleet or Tractor Supply outlet may have
something that will work.  Skip the leather care products at the Auto
Schlepper.  They're bupkis.

==AM==
I couldn't agree more. Any good tack shop or similar that caters to the riding
set (be it Western, English,
hunt, dressage, whatever) will have the products that work. Last I knew, Lexol
products were still among the
very best, that advice coming from a well-respected tack shop who advised me to
use same on leather strapping
for a church tower chime set -- but I digress). Whatever you use, don't expect
instant and amazing results; if
it took 40+ years to get where it is, it ain't gonna get back to new -- period
-- and it will take some effort
to get it back at all. But it's amazing how well one can bring back leather
seating with work and patience.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net