Re: [TR] tr6 clutch problem

To: "'Al Salvatore'" <tr6parts@charter.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] tr6 clutch problem
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:00:05 -0700
> Can't put it in
> gear and theres plenty of movement with the slave cylinder.

Just a thought, Al, I had a very similar experience when putting my used
Fidanza flywheel & clutch into the project TR3.  First time in my life I've
had a clutch stick, and it was just a few days after installing it.

So I shut the engine off, put it in reverse (to back out of the driveway)
and held the clutch down (brakes off) while I cranked the motor.  The car
started moving on the starter, but the clutch let go just about the time the
engine fired off.  If it hadn't, I would have driven around the block
holding the clutch down to see if that worked.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net