Re: [TR] TR3 Speedo Reading

To: William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Speedo Reading
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee18@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:06:55 -0700
On 9/23/09, William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a@att.net> wrote:
> ...The speedo appears to move quite fluidly like it is lubed inside...

That could be the problem.  If a bit of lube gets on the backside of
the drag cup it can erratically bind and release giving whacko needle
movements.

I only use a very vary small amount of thick lubricant on the gears
and shafts for the odos, try not to get lube anywhere near the fast
moving parts.  The drag cup rides on a couple of needles inside brass
fittings (not the right terminology I'm sure) and I do not think it
needs much if any lube.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net