[TR] Bummer Day

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Bummer Day
From: "Carl TR" <cfmtr3a@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 19:27:51 -0500
Getting the engine ready to drop on the chassis.   Ran into a problem...

One of the bolt holes at the bottom of the front plate is stripped.   It is
one that is in the front sealing block - p/n 55810.   Part is no longer
stocked at TRF and not referenced at Moss.

I will look through my boxes of parts to see if I have a spare, but...

Any suggestions?   Can it be filled and re-tapped?

I do have a complete spare engine but I would rather not tear it apart for
this one part.

thanks
Carl
Carl - Tampa
1961 TR3A TS81802LO
Body Off Restoration
Completion Date: NATC 2010 (Jekyll Island, GA)
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/
(I need to update my pictures; 11/27/09

Suggested annual donation  $11.47

Triumphs@autox.team.net