Re: [TR] TR3A modern flasher

To: amcewen2@cogeco.ca, Triumph car discussion Sports <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A modern flasher
From: "John A. Wise" <60TR3A@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:14:15 -0700
Even though I have an Advanced AutoWwire system in my TR3, I may have a
solution.  I have recently put the original voltage regulator, "fuse box" & am
waiting for a broken turn signal flasher to put it back in the engin
compartment CONNECTED TO NOTHING just for the appropriate "look"

So my suggestion is put a modern electronic flashed unit behind the instrument
panel (where you can hear it click) to flash the lights and leave the broken
on in the engine compartment for looks.

John

Therefore let this
On  6 Apr, 2010, at 1:35 PM, amcewen2@cogeco.ca wrote:

>> Best route is probably to just buy a proper flasher from one of the usual
>> suspects.
>
> But the usual subjects are 3 weeks away by mail, and the season is short.
NAPA is on my way to/from work.

> NAPA's parts database had something when they keyed in 1960 Triumph so for
$6 it was worth a gamble, if it fails within
> a year I'll have had my replacement from TRF/Moss in stock for 49 weeks by
then ;)

John A. Wise
Glendale, AZ

1960 Triumph TR3A