[TR] Speedometer Angle Drive

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Speedometer Angle Drive
From: "Art & Karen Graves" <akgraves@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:37:10 -0500
There is a small drip from the speedometer angle drive on my 1976 TR6 with
J-Type overdrive.  I removed the assembly, cleaned it, replaced the o-ring,
and reassembled, making sure are parts fit properly and snugly.  There is
still a drip.  My question, is it possible that the bearing assembly wears
out and needs periodic replacement?  They are not horribly expensive, but I
dont want to replace it if it wont help.  Anyone have experience with
this?

Thanks,

Art Graves
Tulsa, OK