[TR] Valve Cover

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Valve Cover
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 21:59:26 +0000 (UTC)
This is almost too elementary to be possible.  Which is why, of course, it
mystifies me!

Chasing the oil leak on the TR3A, I had advice from the list about the
potential for distortion of the valve cover.  Particularly likely since I
bought it used off E-Bay years ago and it's not correct.  It has one of those
threaded holes for the evacuation hose that must go to the intake for
reburning, but which I plugged with a ss bolt.

Anyway, today I felt the edges for the first time and find it overlaps the head
surface on the dizzy side by three-eights, maybe more, meaning the Justin
Wagner seal only partially contacts the head surface.  I don't know if it's
fixable.

Two questions:

1)  Is the 3 valve cover narrower than the 4 (or could it be an MGB, something
like that?)?

2)  Wife gave me a pressure washer a couple of Christmases ago.  Any
recommendations on the soap to use?  Cascade dishwasher?  Carwash?

As usual, thanks everyone!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

Triumphs@autox.team.net