[TR] Bleeding the bl--dy brakes - again

To: triumph list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Bleeding the bl--dy brakes - again
From: "Lee&John Howard" <leejohn7@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 11:35:39 -0700
--===============1764469287==

--20cf300faaad63320d04a4bee70b

Hi all

I've had the TR4 running well for a year now, but can't get a hard brake
pedal, despite many bleeding attempts. I have all new brake lines from TRF,
all new cylinders, and braided ss hoses. There is one non-stock junction
midway fore and aft because that fully bent section could not be installed
in one piece.
When doing a bleed, the pedal pusher and I get a good full pedal, but that
is quickly lost in even one non-driving day. . The result is that the pedal
has to be depressed halfway before I get braking power. Not a good thing.
There is no sign of leakage anywhere.
It's apparent that full pressure is being lost by air seeping into the
system through the threads of one or more junctions, so I'm facing up to
draining the system and starting over and wrapping every thread with teflon
tape, or something else you might suggest.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks for your help

John Howard

65 TR4
73 Stag - in the paint shop

--20cf300faaad63320d04a4bee70b

Hi all<br><br>I&#39;ve had the TR4 running well for a year now, but can&#39=
;t get a hard brake pedal, despite many bleeding attempts. I have all new b=
rake lines from TRF, all new cylinders, and braided ss hoses. There is one =
non-stock junction midway fore and aft because that fully bent section coul=
d not be installed in one piece. <br>
When doing a bleed, the pedal pusher and I get a good full pedal, but that =
is quickly lost in even one non-driving day. . The result is that the pedal=
 has to be depressed halfway before I get braking power. Not a good thing. =
There is no sign of leakage anywhere. <br>
It&#39;s apparent that full pressure is being lost by air seeping into the =
system through the threads of one or more junctions, so I&#39;m facing up t=
o draining the system and starting over and wrapping every thread with tefl=
on tape, or something else you might suggest.<br>

triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums